Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Obsessions

I am guesting on Just Jaimee's CT this month (and having a ball). I was so thrilled to be given a spot because she is one of those designers I've followed around for years like a puppy. When I'm looking for great colors, textures that I know will print well and innovative product, I check her store. Or brushes. She is the brush queen. I'm also totally in LOVE with her Storyteller line (and May's, coming out Friday, is fan-freaking-tastic).

Jaimee gave away a freebie in her newsletter over the iNSD weekend. If for some reason you missed it, she's put in her store at The (dash) Lilypad. I absolutely adore the kit, with it's krafty, textured papers, an unexpected palette-- it is hard to combine black and orange with other colors to make a fresh look, but Jaimee nailed it-- fun elements (loving the crown stamp and word art here). It's one of those kits where I want to use every single piece on a page.

...and I really did try to fit as much on as possible...too much really:





You might want to go ahead and pick this kit up. It's an easy peasy way to inspire and All About Me kinda page. (and you need more of those)

I really tried pushing outside my comfort zone with this page, which I think is always good to do, even if you don't nail it. I'm not normally a paper stacker, so this a big departure for me. I don't cluster much in the traditional digi either, so this was a practice in honing what does work for me (and I don't think this is it). And I'm not big on word art cards, so again, another push for me. In the end, there are parts of this page I love and parts that make me say 'meh', but that's okay.

I just loved the chevron because it didn't bother my eyees. The way most chevron patterns reflect light on a monitor and the way my eyes hate that particular sort of light, when I look at most chevrons, they move like those crazy optical illusions.  I can't work with most chevrons *sad face*. Yet, the textured white and skinny black lines on this paper stay still! yay!!  I think the top left photo cluster is just too much and the camera stamp on the right I could do without. I probably won't rework it because I feel like I need that visual to remind me next time: EDIT!! RESTRAIN!! RELAX!! ha!


Time for me to play fetch with the cat. You can pick it up HERE for 50% off until Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥