Thursday, August 29, 2013

Waning Summer Blues

Hello Interwebz Citizens!

If you haven't noticed already, the Northern Hemisphere is beginning to pack up it's Summer clothes and toys. Fall will be here before you know it. It's always a bittersweet time of year for me because I so very much love Summer. I wish I could hit the pause button, especially now because I have a case of co-something-or-other-itis (the highly medical term). Laymen's meaning: the cartilage in my ribs has a virus, which causes inflammation which causes people to think they either have acute appendicitis, passing a kidney stone or  having a heart attack or all three at the same time. I want to be at the beach, but just the idea of putting on my bathing suit is pain inducing.

Want to know the really wonderful cure for this nasty condition? You wait it out. It takes 14 days to 6 months to run it's course. Thanks medical science! It's all symptom management until then. For me, symptom management involves a medication for arthritic inflammation, some Vicodin (just call me Dr. House) and keeping my mind off the pain by occupying it with thought provoking videos and reading material.

I thought I'd share some of the videos I'm loving at the moment- the ones worth watching more that once- since I haven't been able to really make to do much else. I hope you find them as inspiring as I do.

This first video is about the science of color. It's title is a question I have often pondered since I was a (nerdy) kid: Is your red the same as my red?




This next one is a cool dry erase board video about cats, one of my favorite subjects. Even if you're not a cat lover, it's still interesting.






Here is something for your ears. I love Daft Punk's Get Lucky, but pairing it with clips from Soul Train makes it visually fascinating.



Lastly, an amazing TEDTalk by Cesar Kuriyama who decided to capture one second of video for everyday of his life. The result is an astounding montage of memories.  




♥ Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥