Thursday, June 6, 2013

A new camera

Hello there! Let's talk about cameras. I love 'em, not surprisingly. My first camera was a Kodak 110 hand-me-down from my sister when I was about 10. I graduated to a 35mm, but that was about the time digital cameras were being more widely used. My sister had one, so I borrowed it a lot after my son was born.

Six years ago, I got my first Canon Powershot. I still have it, it still works, but my kid did and his friends a number to it get skateboarding photos. The lens is scratched, so I replaced it with a Canon PS ELPH, which I LOVE.  I also got my son his own (albeit older) Powershot, so I could keep my camera to myself.

Well, my mom told me my dad bought a new camera since their old digital camera was about 12 years old. When I saw it, I laughed. Here are all three cameras (photo taken with the hubby's phone):


That camera in the back? My parents. It's 1.3 MP Olympus D 460 and, in technology terms, practically an antique. The memory car holds 8 MEGABYTES. Seriously. Also, it doesn't fit in any of the card reader slots on any of our computers.

My poor mom was so disappointed because she wanted a slim, easy camera like mine. I sent my dad an email educating him a tiny bit on modern cameras. Then I told him my mom would probably just buy her own since I've found some really good deals on the sorta camera she wants.

Oh  boy, my poor dad. Normally he is good about technology. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥