Sunday, June 9, 2013

Seeing Scrappy Elements Off the Page

Yesterday my mom and I took a stroll through downtown Lewes, Delaware. It really is a hidden gem on the coast where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. The thing I love about any quaint little town is the window shopping. Lewes has lots of great window shopping.

There was one particular shop window that really made my heart sing. It's was like looking a scrapbook page off the actual page. My favorite part was that it used the Scrabble tile as an alpha!



How fun is that?!! To be honest, I'm never quite sure how to use the Scrabble letters, but this has changed my entire outlook on them. I never thought of using them in a vintage style either, maybe because Scrabble doesn't feel vintage to me at all since we still play Scrabble on occasion.  

I also love the white frame, the purple elements and that white, fuzzy bird is precious. What a clever way to create a display! It's eye catching and enticing. Well played, The Cottage, well played. 

At another shop, I fell in love with these fish. I love the colors and the big, ol' fish lips-- they are kissing fish-- and they just make me smile. They also match some of the watercolors hanging on my walls. They aren't too gender specific which keeps my boys happy. 


Meanwhile, I haven't been able to scrap anything lately because of this:


My neighbor found this 4 week old kitten on Thursday and since I'm the 'cat lover' (aka crazy cat lady), he handed it over to me. I didn't think the hubby would want to keep it, but I was dead wrong. So we've been bottle feeding him round the clock since then. No name yet, but my vote is for either Gandolph or Short Round. We are open to suggestions to on the name so if you have one, feel free to leave it in the comments.

♥ Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥