Friday, February 14, 2014

Anti-awesome... scrapped

Just Jaimee and Mommyish have teamed up to create a (pocket style) kit called Real Life in Pockets- Candid that stresses life is rarely perfect. I've talked about this pressure to create a life-is-always-wonderful-here portfolio. You see it on layouts, you see it on social media, you see it in advertising. It's inescapable and it's depressing.

My life is messy, crazy, difficult and hardly ever perfect. I have more "Life is Awesome" word art than I could ever use. I was so grateful to see two of my favorite designers not just acknowledge life is never perfect, but embrace it with a little humor, a dash of snark and a whole lot of honesty.

This page is about the cure for my back strain being worse than the actual pain. The doctor prescribed me Valium of all things. I'm think he prescribed it because he knows our family pretty well. Turns out the med doesn't agree with me at all.

FML

It's a huge kit and currently on sale. I highly recommend it, not just because I'm on her CT, but because everyone can relate to life being woefully imperfect. Scrapping about it is always therapeutic and revealing.
 photo 2faeb505-33f5-4d99-8a21-43b16f7025a3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥