Thursday, April 3, 2014

I'm an ice cream snob

My dad raised me as sort of ice cream connoisseur.  I grew up across the street from the family that owned Hovermale's Taste Best, whose frozen custard is probably the best in the country and very close to the Danish version based on my extensive sampling.

Vanilla is my absolute favorite flavor. I can tell real vanilla from artificial vanilla, cream from milk, frozen dairy product from ice cream. My palette has skills that drive my husband, the ice cream purchaser in our house, absolutely bonkers. His only safe bet, other than ice cream from our local dairy, is Ben and Jerry's.

If it's not a decent ice cream, I pass, unless there is cake involved.

I made this page about my vanilla love. I almost titled it "Vanilla Isn't Vanilla", but that title didn't go well with this composition. The kit is Just Jaimee's contribution to this month's BYOC at The (dash) Lilypad. It consists of elements and two paper packs- regular and painted.

My Favorite
I've been trying to incorporate more pattern papers into my layouts, so I digitally cut hearts out of the painted papers so I could use them. The burst background makes it easy to decide where the compositions lives because all the lines lead to center.

The hearts gave me the option of breaking out of the center enough to be visually interesting while remaining connected to the burst pattern. They also helped the circular embellishments make more sense with all the hard lines. The polka do paper adds a bit of grown up-ness to the page,  creates a shelf for the the cluster and gave the journaling a place to live.

And here's a bonus page. I just did some free scrapping. It's not my favorite, but at least the memory is recorded. Good new! You don't have to love every page you do.

Moore

Can you tell I like that font? Pea Miley Mix it's called... not too far from my own handwriting, which I plan on making into a font, but haven't gotten around to it.

Oops! I lied! That font is Pea Stitchasaurus Rex, available free HERE.

 photo 2faeb505-33f5-4d99-8a21-43b16f7025a3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥