Tuesday, May 13, 2014

GIS Scrapbooking Ideas: Making a nautical motif modern with color

Hello Sunshines!

Up on the GIS blog today is one of my favorite motifs: Modern Nautical. For my page, I used two of my favorite beach photos of my kiddo when he was small. It was his first introduction to surf and sand shortly after we moved here. I've scrapped the bigger photo before, but not the little one. I used Pixlr-o-matic to process the photos- one warm, one cold to match my page.

Boy Meets Beach

Credits: Just Jaimee: Ice Cream Papers; Kaye Wienecki: A Little Message Elements; Allison Pennington: Seize Papers,  Rain Rain Elements; One Little Bird: Lemon Drop Elements; Valorie Wibbens: Swoon Elements, Sprinkles v. 22; HGD by Laurie Anne: Shine Basics; Amy Martin: Blanc Stitches v. 2; Fonts: Jane Austen, Albertsthal Typewriter, Slim Pickins


I am not a huge fan of a traditional nautical motif. It reminds me of surf & turf in the late '80s. But I live near the ocean, so nautical is always in this time of year. I have no lack of inspiration for an updated, trendy nautical look. What I notice in the shops and magazines lately is softened or muted color tones mixed with punchy colors, dark navy and black, with linen and raw material type neutrals. I brought that influence to my page for a fresh take on an old motif. Using modern colors is an easy way to freshen up trends we feel are dated.  

There you have it. Now go read the article for more ideas!  

 photo 2faeb505-33f5-4d99-8a21-43b16f7025a3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥