Friday, May 16, 2014

The fruits of a busy, busy week!



For some reason, I decided that all my deadlines and obligations needed to be met by yesterday. It was a gorgeous week spent at my computer, and I also planned it so when I was done I would have to build an ark. (rain, rain, and more weekend rain)....

There's a new Real Life in Pockets out today. It's perfect for those of us who have kids who are anti-mamarazi. On this page, I'm talking about exactly that. My kid rarely lets me get photos of him, except the obligatory holiday and birthday photos. I'm forever having to sneak photos (no flash, camera on silent). Another blocked design, which I'm loving lately. It's great for layering.

I'm also loving that that Jaimee and other designers are producing the square pocket stuffers. Rectangles are great and all, but after awhile, you crave another shape.


stop mom! by carrie arick | real life in pockets  kit by Just Jaimee and Mommyish- available at The Lilypad


There's also another amazing collab Jaimee did with Amber from Stolen Moments Design called Lightbulb Moments. I used a criss cross design here because I wanted to show off the gorgeous background paper! I didn't use all the things I wanted to on the page, so I plan on scrapping more with the kit over the weekend. I really, really want to use the alpha!!

Everything You Can Imagine is Real by Carrie Arick |  kit by Just Jaimee and Stolen Moments- available at The Lilypad


And here's the kit preview... The alpha is included, but I'm still showing you here because it's awesome!





Allison Pennington is the featured sponsor over on My Scrapbook Art. I was able to work with some of her product (yay!). I just love her bold colors and funky style. If you wanna see my page, hop on over there. While your at it, grab the free kit Allison is offering to MSA's readers:

my scrapbook art May featured sponsor freebie by allison pennington


Yesterday, I made my first post on the Gallery Standouts blog. It's always hard to pick standouts, but it's a huge honor to be a guest for the site. I'm actually thinking that some of the page I loved, but didn't select may end up on the Sunday Standouts over at MSA. I'll have to a post one of these as to what I look for in a GSO because I've developed a formula.



I'm ending with a reminder that I'll be critiquing pages next Friday at Masterful Scrapbook Design's Office Hours. If you haven't signed up, I highly recommend it. It's fun and you learn so much! The critiques so helpful and we are really super nice- it's not negative at all- for those that fear critique. If don't have a membership, grab one HERE.


Go have scrappin' fun! I'm taking the rest of the day through Saturday off. I have a date with my Playstation tonight! 

Until next time... 

 photo 2faeb505-33f5-4d99-8a21-43b16f7025a3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated ♥